Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Ice Storm of 2008

This is a quick post to let you all know that I am still here......the ice storm has left me without cable and internet until January 5th! It is small potatoes compared to what some people are going without right now. We were very fortunate to only lose power for 48 hours (we live close to the police and fire station and apparently share the same power grid). It was a long 48 hours (more on that later) but it was nothing compared to many of my friends who lost power for 8 1/2 days and there are still people I know who will not have power until after Christmas! It is so sad.....especially at this time of year.

The ice storm has really helped to slow life down. Many of our parties, playdates and other events were canceled and not having the internet or television has really helped me to focus. Z and I had a fabulous week of making crafts, baking, going on special outings and enjoying all that the season has to offer. Many of my friends who lost their power for a week or more, have lost their Christmas spirt. I feel so badly and wish that there was something I could do to help them restore it....unfortunately time is running out.

We are at my mom's tonight helping her prepare for the big Christmas Eve Bash and wanted to take a few moments to wish you all a Happy Holiday! I will try to post again during the Christmas week but we will be very busy preparing for my sister's wedding!

Happy Holidays!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!