Monday, August 8, 2011

Top 5 Good Things About Pulling My Back Out

I am happy to report that my back is feeling a lot better.  It has been almost two weeks since I pulled it out and almost 5 years since I first pulled it out after having Z.  After 5 years and 6 or 7 episodes, I finally went to the doctor.  They did back X-rays and found that I have mild arthritis.  I will start PT this week and hopefully that will help me.  I really miss working out, have gained back a few pounds and lived in a bit of a disaster of a house for a bit but despite all this....pulling my back out was a bit of a vacation for me.

So here are My Top 5 Good Things About Pulling My Back Out (Pollyanna Style).


5.  I was relaxed.  This injury forced me to SLOW down and actually relax.  No cleaning, exercise or work of any kind was able to get done and it was nice to take a break. This was my view as I rested on the couch during our weekend at the lake :)


4.  My Village was there for me :)  It truly does take a village to raise children, especially when you are not able to do the job yourself.   My friends, family and S jumped in to do all that they could.  It was so nice to have all of this support.

3.  Lot's of One On One Time with Z during naps.  Naptime is usually workout time and while Z is a part of that it is not the same as just sitting down to read or play together.  It was nice to have this break together. 

2.  I got to READ!!!  I finally started (and finished) the Happiness Project which I won from Simple Mom.  It was WONDERFUL!!!  I also read parts of  Understanding Montessori, Raising Happiness, The Unschooling Unmanual and reread parts of Anne of Green Gables.  I LOVE to read but usually only have a few minutes to do so before bed or wait for vacations.  It was so nice to have time during naps or while the kids played. 

1.  I got watch my children.  They are fascinating animals and it was so nice to have an excuse to just lay and look at them.  I watched them play, fight, giggle, cry, laugh and live in a whole other world.  They are so amazing and it was such a blessing to have this time to watch them.

2 comments:

Connie said...

I love that you used this time wisely!

I love reading....but have been too busy this week. :(

Annie said...

So glad you are resting. Hope you recovers soon.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!