Thursday, June 27, 2013

Happy Holidays!!!



On Tuesday morning when the kids woke up the sounds of Nat King Cole filled the house and twinkle lights sparkled in the sunny dining room.  The table was decked with the reindeer plates, santa hats were at each chair and a small tree sparkled in the room.  Why was our dining room decked out for Christmas when it was still 6 months away?!?!?!  Because Lil'C had requested "Christmas" when we made our Summer Bucket List and so this mama decided to make her dream come true :)



The night before I crept up to the attic, grabbed the small tree, a stuffed snowman, two holiday books, a holiday DVD, the santa hats and some twinkle lights.  After the kids were all snug in their beds with visions of watergun fights dancing in their heads...I went to work.  It was so much fun to set up this surprise and their reactions were ten times as fun!!!  We listened to holiday music, had a special holiday breakfast and then read some holiday stories.  We headed to Neene's house where Chi Chi had told me I could wrap up some of Neene's old school stuff (she is retired now) and give it to the kids.  I did this and so they even had PRESENTS!!!  I had Z pick out Lil'C's gift and Lil'C pick out Z's.  They both loved the books, crafts and games they got and have been playing with them all week.



They watched one of our favorite holiday movies, Prep N Landing, with Neene (she had never seen it) and then went swimming in their hot tub (it was only 80 in the tub but 90 outside!!).  It was a wonderful day and as we were getting ready for bed Lil'C asked, "Is Fake Easter Tomorrow?".  Maybe next year.....


2 comments:

Connie said...

HA! Fake Easter!

I celebrated on the 25th too. I started my Christmas Letter and Gift list!

albina N muro said...

Welcome to Raising Z and Lil' C, a little blog all about raising my 6 year old son and my three year old baby girl. I am a former teacher and now a SAHM. I love to write about our journey towards a more simple life, our daily struggles. windsurfing holidays

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!