Monday, June 10, 2013

Mommycation!



This past Thursday the kids and I started our second annual "Mommycation".  We started this tradition last year when Scott was traveling a lot after listening to the Sparkle Story called "Daddycation"(you can read about it here).  He has been traveling a lot again and so I thought it would be great to do another "Mommycation" this year.

We headed to the lake for our "Mommycation" despite the threat of Tropical Storm Andrea.  We started our mini-getaway off with sunshine and time on the beach.  Lil'C somehow fell in the lake and so a few minutes later they were both in their swimsuits SWIMMING!  I was in a sweatshirt and jeans in my beach chair as they were frolicking in the chilly water. After their swim and some beach baseball we got nice and toasty in the cottage and settled in for the evening.  Z got a new Chima LEGO for his graduation and got started right away on building it.



The rains came during the night and so we spent some time at the Biggest Arcade in America (or so they say), Funspot USA.  The kids have never been here before and were blown away by all of the fun to be had.  They went bowling and blew through $20 in tokens.  They had the time of their lives and treasured the crap prizes they traded in their tickets for.  It brought back so many memories from my childhood and I flooded my sisters phones with texts and photos as I strolled down memory lane.

After our outing, we put on our rain gear and headed out to play in the rain.  It was a balmy 53 degrees but that didn't stop us!   My dad came after our rainy time fun and we had a great evening playing games and hanging out with Chi Chi.

Saturday brought Neene (and my sister) to help with the cleaning and prepping for the rentals.  We enjoyed some time with her and then packed the car and headed to the Old Country Store for our final stop of the trip.  The kids picked out some candy, we bought something "real nice" for my sister's birthday and then we headed home.


It was a wonderful "Mommycation" and we all had a great time together but were super excited to see Daddy on Saturday night!



1 comments:

Connie said...

How fun!! I wish we had a place to go to like that.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!