Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Change of Pace


Well after being so overwhelmed last week, I had a moment of clarity over the weekend. A light bulb came on and I realized that if I woke up every morning at 5:45 am....not only could I start my running again (without Z in tow), I would have my workout done before he gets up! This would then free up about 2 hours in the afternoon (nap time) to blog, do housework, work on my projects or just rest! I was so excited to realize all this (I guess the sun being up earlier and the weather warming helps the brain) that I started today. I would have started Monday but I was so tired from all the yard work over the weekend (wimp).

So far this is working out great, granted it is only 7:10am....but I have done my workout, started breakfast and Z is just starting to stir :) I think this will be really good for me. My plan is to run my first 1/2 marathon in September. I had tried to train for one before but I got pregnant and had to put it aside. Before we start to think about baby number 2, I want to have my 1/2 marathon accomplished.

I haven't taken Z in the jogging stroller this year (tires are flat) but I have to admit I am dreading it. I envision us getting a mile and a half out and then pure chaos. I know he will want to get out at that point and walk and it will be a long time getting home. S is going to blow up my tires, so I will give it a go this week and let you know how it goes. For now, I love this early morning time to workout and run....so nice (we'll see how nice it is on day 3).

Happy Tax Day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!