Monday, March 8, 2010

All About MeMe Monday--Self Portrait

with MommyBrain and SupahMommy


Self Portrait Day

It's been said that a picture is worth 
a thousand words.



Okay, I didn't take this photo myself but it is one of my favorites.  This is probably because I look nothing like this in real life.  You see, I was cursed blessed with naturally frizzy curly hair and this new and improved me was after one hour at the hairdresser for my sister in-laws wedding.  I had more compliments on my appearance that night then I think I have had any other time (well maybe I had more on my wedding day, but that is because I was the bride ;)).   On this day I was at my goal weight, in great shape and feeling soooo good.  It was the first time in a long time that I felt pretty...it was nice. 

I now look at this picture with my big hair, my 15 extra baby pounds, huge bags under my eyes and my sorry out of shape self who is out of breath when I run for the phone and think......someday.....someday I will feel pretty again.  Until that day, I am going to enjoy the two little cherubs who are right now calling my name :)

9 comments:

BeckyinRNO said...

Totally feel you on this one! I also have naturally curly hair, an extra 40 plus pounds, and don't feel pretty most of the time. But, I do try and remind myself that it took me many years to put on this weight and so as long as I take it off healthy that it doesn't matter how long it takes. Also I for one love to rock the curly hair!! Looking good Momma Z!

Liz Mays said...

I have very few photos of myself that I like either! I do feel your pain and you're adorable in that photo!

MommyBrain said...

Oh, girl, I feel ya ... my hair is in dire need of a cut ... I am so out of shape and lugging around extra lbs ... fairly certain the bags under my eyes are permanent at this point ... and I fear that my "girls" will not rebound well after this second time breastfeeding ... what a mess! Like you, I try to embrace it ... I am what I am because of my two sweet baby girls :)

BJ_Mama said...

You know I know how you feel....notice I didn't post an actual pic! You're gorgeous, hun!

Annie said...

I understand you, but don't worry feel happy because you are a great mother.

I gained like 15 pounds and it's really hard to loose them but I like my life and once a month go to beauty salon (it happen this year) and I enjoy it.

Connie said...

Oh my gosh! I've often wondered what you look like!

Christa @ Little Us said...

lol I'm with Connie! I think I pictured you blonde or maybe I did see it somewhere lol!

I love the way my hair looks after the hair dresser, I can NEVER get it to look like that again!

Mom said...

You were beautiful the day you were born and you are beautiful today - inside and out!

We love you!

Lee-Ann said...

It is rare that I have a picture that I actually like of myself too. That is why I did the Wordle LOL.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!