Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sleep, Vampires and Elephants

Last night I finally got a chance to sit down and watch New Moon :)  I was pretty tired but the video was already a day over due so I grabbed a big pile of laundry to fold and spent two hours with Bella, Edward, Jacob and S's laundry.  Now I am a big fat chicken when it comes to "scary" movies....I don't watch them.  This movie was not necessarily scary but even though I had read the book twice, I still found myself cuddling up w/ my pillow :)  S was on the phone w/ a friend so he was not available to  snuggle with (I know he was avoiding the movie) so it was just me and the couch pillow. 

I enjoyed this movie much more than the first and went to bed just before 11 with my mind buzzing.  I tossed and turned for hours, trying to get to sleep but I could not shake the images of vampires and werewolves.  At 4:45 AM I woke w/ a jolt to the baby crying.  I stumbled into her room and realized that I had not seen her since 9 PM!!!   She slept for 7 1/2 hours (she usually does 3 hours) on the night where I couldn't sleep....it figures!  Sleep was very segmented after this point, after all C was well rested but I am so proud of her and hope it happens again soon.

Lil' C took a 90 minute nap today to make up for being wide awake at 4:45 AM and as I put her down to sleep, all I could hear was the heard of elephants that were running around downstairs.  It turns out it was only Z but he is so heavy footed, he sounds like 20 people!  My mom often asked me to walk lighter when I was a little girl and told me I sounded like a heard of elephants.  Now I finally understand what she meant because God has sent me my own little elephant :)

Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

Poolside with the Girls said...

I watched New Moon last Friday. I HATE scary movies but this one didn't bother me that much. I think I was more scared of the vampire biting Bella in Twilight. What did bother me was that I could barely understand Edward and Bella when they spoke to each other. They both sound like they had a mouth full of marbles. Maybe it was just my copy of the dvd but I kept having to back it up and watch it again. I sounded like my grandmother "what did she say?" "what did he say?" I enjoyed it though and I'm still on team Edward! Still can't believe "Jacob" is the same kid who played Shark Boy that my girls used to watch when he was 12 or something! I could be his mother!!!

MamaB said...

I have not read or watched the Twilight series (I think I'm the only one left) but I'm with you on scary movies, heck if Don is watching something intense on the History Channel I have trouble sleeping!! A Big Yay to LiL C for going seven hours!! That is awesome! So hopefully she does it again tonight and you can get some sleep without worrying that a Vampire is going to bite you!

Jennifer Juniper said...

I just watched it this week too. I got it on On Demand and watched while I worked. I was really disappointed with the first one and felt like it ruined all that I had imagined with the books, but I'm over it and I liked the second one :)

Congrats on the 7 hours of sleep!

MommyBrain said...

Adding to my To Do List ... rent New Moon ... I am so behind on my movie-watching ... how pathetic!

Christa @ Little Us said...

I read all the books and can't wait to see New Moon! I hope I think it's as good as the book was!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!