Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy "Leprecod" Day!

Z was a little freaked out about all the talk of little "Leprecods" running around today (can't you just imagine little fish in bowler hats).  I am so glad I didn't have a chance to dye the milk green this morning.  I told him not to worry, that the lepracods don't like to be seen by people and after he told me he didn't want green pancakes....we dropped the subject.

When we walked into school there were little green footprints everywhere.  At first Z didn't notice and I didn't bring any attention to it.  When we got into the bathroom 3 boys were screaming and pointing out each footprint.  Z looked at me and panicked..."No Leprecods mommy....I don't want any Leprecods!"  I assured him that they had left the building and not to worry. 

When we got into his classroom the group was going wild following the footprints.  The boy in the class that Z loves the most came running up and screaming in his ear about the prints.  Now as many of you know, Z does not respond well to sound and is a little anxious in general....he looked at me and said, "Are you staying today mom?".  I bent down, told him he had nothing to worry about and to have fun.  It was all just a silly game.  I gave him a hug and pulled his teacher aside on the way out.  I told her about his anxiety over the "leprecods" and she assured me that she would show him the footprints by the window and tell him that they had left for good.  Poor guy :(

Come to find out they told the kids on Monday (thank goodness we don't go to school on Mondays) that if they didn't wear green that the Leprechauns would come and pinch them!  This made quite a few kids very anxious and they insisted that the entire family wear green.  We are all in green anyway but I am so glad that Z didn't have that to worry about. 

Happy St. Paddy's Day!!!!

9 comments:

Nicolasa said...

Aww poor little guy! I hope he enjoys his day!

MamaB said...

...little "Leprecods" running around today (can't you just imagine little fish in bowler hats)...I almost coated my computer with coffee on that one! I hope Z enjoys the day and has all kinds of great stories to share! Happy St. Patty's Day!!

Connie said...

Oh no....the Leprecods had a field day at our house today. M wasn't happy about the green stuff either but she got over it pretty quickly.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Beth P. said...

Haha - leprecods... I can totally picture fish in bowlers. Haha!

Poor Z. I don't like hearing when fun little things like this are turned into what can perceived as threats by the young ones. It should be fun! Not something that makes them anxious. I'm glad he's doing alright, though!

Annie said...

Hope he had a great day.

Lee-Ann said...

Aww poor little guy scared of the leprecods. That is so cute what he calls them though!

Lisa said...

Awww. Leprecods... That is SO cute! When my son found out Santa watches kids when they sleep, he freaked out. Didn't want to sleep alone. So Seth would totally understand Z's thoughts on this matter. :-)

Tracie said...

Poor guy. I have a worry-wart, too and this kind of stuff used to drive me nuts. His kindergarten teacher played cd's of Halloween stories and scary music the entire month of October. I'm sure you can imagine the issues we had with that. (Just one example. We also had the leprechaun stories that year. They worried him, too.)

Babe in Babeland said...

So cute--leprecods! :-) So glad you all wore green so you were safe!

Oh, and the fast I'm doing is called the Daniel Fast. If you google Daniel Fast, you'll find out the info. It's intense, but it's good. And it's not really a fast in the sense you can eat as much as you want; you just can't eat certain things. Only two more weeks til Easter, and then I'm done! WOOHOO!!! it's been amazing.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!