Friday, February 22, 2013

Dancing Through My Day

I rediscovered Pandora this past weekend (had forgotten all about it) and it has been such a trip down memory lane.  I have been dancing around the house for the past few days to songs I have not thought about since childhood.   Madonna, Paula Abdul, The Bangles, The Jets and so many other artists have been bringing me back to a simpler time and have made me realize how much I miss listening to music.


I don't know about you but in this house much of the music we listen to is controlled by the wee ones.  We hear the Theme Song to Mario Bros, Princess Hits, Sparkle Stories and the occasional "good" song that we have introduced them too.  I do take control of the ipod here and there but most of the time it is all about the kids.

For those of you who don't know what Pandora is, it is an Internet Radio.  The basic Pandora account does not cost a thing but you will be shown or hear ads while you listen.  You can upgrade to an account without ads for $4 a month but the ads are short and sweet and really aren't that big of a deal (much better than regular radio).

With Pandora you can pick channels based around genres of music or an artist that you may like.  You can then customize the channel by clicking "Thumbs Up" or "Thumbs Down" as to whether you like a particular song or artist that they play.  If you click "Thumbs Up", they will play more music similar to that track.  If you click "Thumbs Down", they will never play that song again on your account and stay away from similar music.  You can also customize your channels by changing their names and adding other artists, songs that you'd like to hear.

Right now my favorite channels are called "My First Tapes"(all the songs from the first tapes I ever owned), College Radio (songs from my college days), "Dad's Rockin Hits" (the classics that my dad introduced me to) and "Scott and Jess" (songs that we can both agree on).  I also have some channels for the kids.....I do share my Pandora time :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!