Monday, February 25, 2013

Our "New" Playroom

Well Operation Downsize is in FULL SWING!  This weekend we filled our car with another load for donation and also took two trips to the dump.  I spent the morning going through Z's room (oh the scary mess) and we filled two bags to donate and one bag of trash.  We also moved his Lego Table to his closet so we can shut the door on that crazy but he can still have his creations out (brilliant move by Scott).

Our basement is much lighter and just needs to be organized and cleaned.  We are hoping to put a mudroom down there, I can't wait!

While Scott was at the dump, I thought it would be "fun" to move the playroom furniture around.  My Mother In-law had given me some advice on how to make the space look a bit more grown up (not so much like a preschool) so I thought I'd try it.  I knew if I asked Scott he would say, "Not today" so I decided to go it alone while he was out.  This was probably not the best idea after my trip to the chiropractor but c'est la vie!
I moved the couches (sorry no good before pictures, you will have to settle for the one above from C's birthday) and all the toys as fast as I could.  When Scott came home he said it didn't work for him.  He went back to the dump and I tried two more arrangements and finally found one that really works.  We got rid of toys, moved a bunch upstairs to their rooms and switched out some furniture.  Now we have a "grown up" space with toys and I LOVE it!!!
I am sitting in the new Living Room right now and it was soooo worth the sore back.  It feels less like a preschool and much more versatile.  It is now a place that I could read a book, enjoy a cup of coffee or enjoy time with friends.  The kids still have plenty of space to play, their toys are well organized and they love the new layout.
The plan from here is to take down the giant mirror and paint the walls.  If we ever put the house on the market, we will have to hide more toys but we are a ways off from that giant step. Over all it was a very productive weekend!

2 comments:

Connie said...

Great job!

I moved my furniture in September and love it so much more. I can't believe I hadn't thought of it sooner.

Annie said...

You did a great job. Can imagine all the fun they have there.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!