Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"I Am A Girl and I Need My Mommy!"

These were the words uttered from Lil' C's mouth on Sunday morning as Scott was trying to get she and Z in the car for their Ocean Adventure.  Scott said these words came from out of nowhere and they are words that I will always treasure.  Having these words in print will allow me to look back on this moment in time after the tough fights of the teen years.  They will allow me to remember back to simpler times, times when she missed me.

Scott had the kids for 33 hours while I was on a getaway to NJ with my dad.  The weekend to NJ was quick but so much fun!  My weekend started off with a First Birthday Party for the sweet baby of my college roommate Jenn.  It was so fun to FINALLY meet this beautiful baby girl and see Jenn and her family.  After the party I stayed over at Jenn's house and got to spend some quality time with her and her wonderful husband.   Sunday morning my dad came and picked me up and we went to my 93 year old Great Aunt's house to visit with my dad's family.  There were 8 of us at brunch and I got to spend time with two of my aunts, my uncle, my great aunt and two cousins.   It was really fun to see everyone, hear the old stories and so nice to spend some quality time with my dad (10 hours in the car)!

The kids and Scott had a fun and crazy 33 hours while I was gone.  While the cat's away, the mice will play!   They went out for lunch, went to a birthday party at a bounce house with pizza and cake, went out to dinner with my mom, went out for donuts Sunday morning, went to the Ocean to explore the small aquarium and play on the playground and then topped it all off with lunch at Scott's favorite pizza place.  Two days of eating out and adventures.

They had a blast but yet my baby girl missed me!!  This is so strange to me, a daddy's girl after all but out of nowhere she said, "I am a girl and I need my Mommy".  These words might not mean much to you but to me they are so special.  This little girl is always looking for her daddy and it was so nice to hear that she missed me for once.  I had a great weekend but coming home Sunday night was so great.  There really is no place like home!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Treasure it forever.
Hugs & kisses.

Connie said...

That is really very special. Someday....they will forget how much they needed us.

Sounds like a fun weekend!

Annie said...

OMG, she looks so cute!!! God bless her!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!