Monday, May 14, 2012

I Love My Family :)

Yesterday was my kind of day!  I got to sleep in (though I did have to practically throw my husband out of the bed ;)), was greeted at 8:30 to cards and snuggles in bed, came down to a breakfast of pancakes and friend bananas (yum!), skyped with my in-laws, called my own mama on the phone (she and my sisters were at the lake), spent a lazy morning sipping coffee and watching my two children do their Swedish Chef impersonations (play food was flying EVERYWHERE), had lunch and then headed to the BEACH! 

We played in the sand, watched the waves and kites and the kids actually went swimming!!  The Maine ocean water is probably in the 30's or 40's but the beach we were on has this large pool left behind when the tide goes out and it warms up in the sun.  All of the kids were in this pool having a BLAST (while the adults looked on in amazement...it was only 70 degrees!).  Lil'C insisted on wearing her bathing suit to the beach, so she was all set and thankfully I had an extra pair of clothes for Z. 
After a nice long walk, we headed to Portsmouth for pizza at our favorite restaurant.  It was a great day and I am so blessed to have had my family to spend it with!
George's First time to the beach!


That is Z!!!
She was all the way in too!
All warm and dry!
Twirling
Z wrote this for me without being prompted!

2 comments:

Connie said...

What a fun day!

I with I was at the beach.

Annie said...

So glad you had a great Mother's Day.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!