Friday, July 11, 2008

The Babies Are Here!!!!

It is hard to tell from these pictures but the babies are indeed here! I couldn't see them for the first two days of their life but now they are poking their little fuzzy heads up and opening their beaks for food :) Momma and Papa Cardinal have been working around the clock to keep these little guys fed. I only see two but there may be another one out of sight.



Since the birth, the nasty black crows have been hanging around the front of our house. They wait for Mama to leave and they try to make their move. I spend much of the day opening the front door to scare them away. I haven't had to run out and chase them yet but I will if I have to. I want these babies to grow up to be big and strong cardinals :)

Z doesn't really know what is going on. I think he has seen Mama sitting on her nest but I am not sure. I took his mama bird and we built a nest with Easter eggs in it.



We talk about how Mama is keeping the eggs warm and soon baby birds will come out of them. He looks at us funny and takes his Mama bird and runs off with her. I am going to go out and get some little birds to put in the eggs so that his eggs hatch too. Then maybe...he will get it? I know he is only 21 months! But maybe he will absorb some of this great knowledge that our cardinal friends are providing ;) He did make this happy bird below.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!