Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Mama Cardinal


We made an important discovery this weekend....a mama cardinal is nesting right outside of Z's playroom window. It has been so much fun to watch her. Papa is always close by and keeps good watch of his loving wife and their 3 eggs (at least that is all I have seen).

I took this picture and against S's warning...used the flash. This scared mama and she took off. I spent the next 2o minutes worried that she would not return to her eggs. I thought about how difficult it would be to care for the three little eggs and then three baby birds. I do not think I would make a very good mama bird. At last she returned and I (and S) breathed a sigh of relief. Z and I did a little dance to celebrate her return (Z had no clue what was happening but enjoyed the dance all the same).

Z does not really know what is going on, it is difficult to see Mama unless you know what you are looking for. I did put his bird stuffed animal by the window and when I say Mama Bird, he points to her.

I will let you know when the babies hatch....I can't wait to become an auntie!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!