Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Christmas Music Has Begun....


Well...I hate to admit it, but it is true :) Usually I wait until Thanksgiving to listen to my Christmas music and that is the only think I listen to until December 26th. This year we had to break out the Alvin and the Chipmunks a little early and I have had the privilege of listening to this CD over and over since November 9th ;)

You see it all started in Home Depot....Z was drawn to the Christmas display and the very large inflatable Thomas. We explored the area, when, what to my wondering eyes should appear....but an animated Elmo stocking! Z had to hold the stocking and I made the mistake of showing him that if you pushed his hand, he started to sing "Jingle Bells". Well this stocking went all over the store with us (it actually allowed me to shop) and now every time we are in Home Depot (which is a lot lately)...we must find the stocking.

Since discovering this treasure, Z has been obsessed with "Jingle Bells". He calls it the Elmo song and requests S and I to sing it.....over and over. I was a little tired of singing this song when I decided to search the internet for this great Elmo hit. I am sorry to say that I could not find it anywhere. So I decided that the closest thing I owned to Elmo was my Alvin and the Chipmunks CD. I found the song on my IPod (yes I keep my holiday music on there year round) and played it for Z. The look on his face was priceless...what was this unique sound coming from the IPod? It didn't sound like Elmo but it was the "Jingle Bell" song. It didn't take long for him to fall in love with not only that song but many of the other hits from that album. He loves for us to put it on and he dances around the ottoman...it is really cute.

This past weekend we were driving back from our friends J and R's house and it was waaaay past Z's bedtime. He was very cranky and insisting that he get out of the car. It was an hour drive and nothing pleased him. I turned on the radio and searched for the station that is already playing holiday music. I asked S what the odds were that they would be playing the Chipmunks....it was a commercial. Z continued to cry from the back, desperately I started searching through a few CD's that I have in the compartment between the seats. In the last case I opened...what should I find?? Alvin and the Chipmunks!!!!! I popped it in and Z stopped crying and his face lit up. He was so happy to hear that "beautiful" sound.

Well since that night, that is the only thing we listen to now. We were in the car for two hours yesterday and that is all Z wanted to listen to (Bob the Builder is welcome no more). Now I do love Christmas and I love the Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas album but I have to admit, it starts to get old. But as long as Z is happy...I will sing along with Alvin, Simon and Theodore...all season long!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!