Saturday, November 15, 2008

Kisses for Mommy


Z just got this new Clifford Thanksgiving book from my mom and he loves it :) S reads it to him every night at bedtime and even though we think it is a very silly story...he thinks it is great.

The premise of the book is that Emily Elizabeth leaves town for the Thanksgiving holiday and Clifford is lonely. He decides to go to the city to spend the holiday with his mom. The book is all about his adventures in getting to his mom.

Every night during the reading of this book, Z comes to get me at the part when Clifford finds his mom. I can hear him at the top of the stairs calling, "Mommy....Mommy" and so I run up to join he and S in our bed. When I get there, S reads the part where Clifford's mom gives him a big kiss and Z immediately looks at me and gives me a big kiss. This kiss is so sweet, wet and wonderful :) We then cuddle in for the rest of the story.

Today at naptime Z asked me to read him this story. As I read it to him, I began to daydream about all of the things I had to do while he was napping. All of a sudden, Z climbed up on top of me and planted the most wet kiss on me. It startled me at first and then I realized that we were at the mommy kiss part :) I giggled, smiled and gave him a big hug and a kiss. It was so cute! We then snuggled in and read the rest of the book.

These are the moments that make being a mom so special!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!