Monday, November 2, 2009

All About MEme Monday


This week's writing assignment is called Inspiration Point :)  Supah Mommy and MommyBrain gave two options and I decided to go with option number 2.  

I had emailed my husband on Friday with his homework for this week's post but it was his first day back after his "paternity leave" and somehow he never got to it ;)  I forgot to remind him over the weekend and remembered this morning while feeding the baby at 2:30 AM.  Since my husband has been such a champ during my pregnancy and over the last week and a half....I decided to write about him and if he decides to reciprocate, I will post that later :)

For my Sweet and Caring Husband

1.  I admire you for...your patience.  You always take life in stride and it is rare to see you lose your temper.  You are so good with our children and with me (I can be a bit moody :)).  I strive to be more laid back like you but I think it is my "go go go" personality and your more relaxed personality that make us a great team! 


2.  Your laugh is .... contagious!  Especially your deep belly laugh (the one where you tear up and your eyes get all squinty).  This laugh doesn't surface often but when it does, it is the best! I always feel super proud when I am the one responsible for this belly laugh....it is just AWESOME!

3.  It makes me smile when I see you ... cuddle up with our children.  Z worships and adores you and Lil' C already has you wrapped around her little finger.  They both think the world of you and I know they feel so safe in your arms (I do!). 

4.  I love that you ... think that family is so important.  We are blessed with two wonderful families and I love that you love to spend time with both groups.  Our parents are now our friends and I so value the relationships that we now have with our siblings.  They are four of our best friends and we are so lucky to have them in our lives. 

5.  Your heart is... bursting with love.  I will never forget the look on your face during the births of both of your children.  You were the proud papa and beamed down on their little faces.  You are an amazing dad and always ready to change diapers, play, soothe, bathe and keep me company during those late night feedings.  The kids and I are so lucky!

6.  I hope that you know... how much I love you and how proud I am of you.  You have grown so much in our 11 years together and your strength amazes me.  You have gone from a non-assertive computer programmer to a no-nonsense executive.  It has been so much fun to watch you grow and bloom and I love you more and more everyday!

7.  When we first met I ... tried to fix you up with my good friend :)  I am so glad you turned down that option and waited for me to come to my senses!  The past 11 years have flown by and we have had so much fun.  I hope that we get the chance to grow old together....enjoying time with our grandchildren at the lake :)

8.  You are... my best friend!  Thanks for all that you do for our family and for me.  You have been so supportive over the last few months (not many men would give breastfeeding coaching sessions!) and I am so lucky to have you in my life.  Whenever I am scared, as long as you are by my side....I know everything will be okay.  Thanks for being you!


S's Version for Me :) Thanks Honey!!!


1.       I admire you for… your love and devotion to your family. You’re always thinking of your family first, especially when it comes to Z and now C. You’re always wondering if you’re doing the right things, which I think makes you a great parent.
2.       Your laugh is… contagious. I especially love when you laugh so hard that you tear up and you have to grab you belly, as if it’s going to  fall out. It’s so cute!
3.       It makes me smile when… I see you truly relaxed. You take on so much that it’s a rare moment, but when it happens, I can see the jubilation on your face and it makes me happy.
4.       I love that you… love holidays and focus on creating memories for our family and friends.
5.       Your heart is… with your family. I love that you are so caring and generous, especially when it comes to your kids. It’s shows in Z and all that you’ve been able to teach him over the last 3 years. You are a wonderful and loving mother with a heart of gold.
6.       I hope you know that… I love you more than you know! You are so important to me and you are truly my best friend. I love spending time with you and exploring our lives and the world together.
7.       When we first met I… tried to persuade you that you should go on a date with me when you tried to hook me up with your friend. Good thing you came to your senses, even though it was a whole year later!
8.       You are… strong, honorable, kind, friendly, loving, caring, soothing, fun, energetic and passionate.  I love you for all that you are and all that you will be. I adore you and look forward to many, many years together.





12 comments:

S. said...

Verklempt!

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

Aww that was so nice! YOu have 11 years worth of love down on that post. THanks for sharing!!

HE SOUNDS like a keepah.

xoxoxo supah
grabbed ur button... thought I had it.. was wrong.

Lori said...

Very sweet post!

Poolside with the Girls said...

Awww!!!!!!!!!!!

So so sweet. Both of you!

Babe in Babeland said...

That is soooo beautiful!!! I think my hubby and I should try this some time. REally, so beautiful and thanks for sharing!!

Sharon said...

how sweet! thanks for sharing your 'love letters' with the world! it seems like you were made for each other

Connie said...

That is sooooo sweet!

Annie said...

Awww, what a sweet post.

Have a nice week.

Beth P. said...

Oh goodness, so sweet!

MommyBrain said...

That is such a wonderful tribute to each other ... and a time when you can probably use it the most. Hope things are going well for you and C ... I know those first few weeks are tough :) Thinking of you!

Corrie Howe said...

Happy SITS day. I wrote an open letter to my husband on his 50th birthday, which was yesterday. For the first time, he even left a comment on my blog! Then his parents emailed me (instead of commenting).

I find it is amazing how just a few words on paper to my husband can really make his day, his week, his month.

MamaOtwins+1 said...

That is so sweet! Such a nice tribute to one another!


Stopping by from SITS

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!