Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Quiet Sunday

After a crazy (but wonderful) weekend...it is nice to have some downtime. I am currently sitting in front of my beautiful Christmas tree, sipping peppermint tea, watching Holiday Inn and rocking my sweet baby girl.  It is so peaceful :) 

S and Z are at my sister's house for Thanksgiving the Sequel.  My brother in-law is a police officer and had to work on Thanksgiving Day.  My sister has recreated the meal he missed with a Christmas twist.  Her entire house is decorated for Christmas so I guess today's feast could be called Thanksmas

Lil' C and I had to miss this fun party because she is getting over her first cold :(  She is doing much better today but I did not want to expose her to all those germs so soon.  The poor thing slept for two days straight because she was so miserable.  She was sneezing, coughing had a runny nose....it was awful.  Then yesterday she woke up, feeling a bit better but boy was she hungry!  She decided to spend most of yesterday and today eating (she had to make up for lost time :)).

Thanksgiving at my mom's was really nice.  My mom catered to my dairy and soy free needs and my meal ended up being really great.  I even found a yummy dairy and soy free pumpkin pie recipe that I made!   Z had a wonderful day, he wishes he could do it all over again.  He started off with breakfast in front of the new Curious George Christmas movie on PBS.  We then drove to my mom's and watched the parade and helped her cook. After that he enjoyed a feast of chicken nuggets, cherry tomatoes, carrots and jelly beans (he got this idea from Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving!!!).  He said to my dad, "This meal is GREAT!"

The rest of the weekend was spent taking care of C and decorating for Christmas.  Things took a little longer than they usually do but it all turned out really nice and cozy.  I am looking forward to a month of baking, singing, wrapping, gift giving, Christmas light seeking, holiday movies and TV specials, traditions, family, friends, smiles, laughs and joy!

Tis the Season!!  Have a Great One :)


11 comments:

Nicolasa said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Sorry to hear about C, I hope she feels better soon!

I, too, am looking forward to a month filled with all the things you listed!

Christa @ Little Us said...

Thanksmas! I like that, too bad you couldn't join in, there's always next year tho right? Although hopefully he won't have to work next year too! I can't wait for Christmas either!

Alice in Wonderland said...

Sorry to hear about Lil' C being ill. I hope that she gets well soon!
Tis indeed the season to be jolly! I put up my decorations this week, but I certainly chose a wrong time to get kittens! Well, there goes my peace and quiet! I can see me having to re-decorate every morning!
Take care!

Theta Mom said...

Sounds like yo had a wonderful holday! I love sitting in front of my tree, too!

Beth P. said...

Sounds like little C is being a trooper. I'm sorry she's not feeling great, but hope she's better soon!

Love the pictures, and I love "Thanksmas". Its the most wonderful time of the year! :-)

BJ_Mama said...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Your little pumpkins are so darn cute! (or should they be called elves now??)
My daughter's 1st Christmas was spent at home too because she got her 1st illness...guess they just know when they can get mommy all to themselves....

Amanda {My Life Badly Written} said...

Poor C - Bubba's with colds are miserable! Hope she is better soon!

Annie said...

Sounds like a busy but great weekend with family.

Love the pictures.

Have a nice week.

MommyBrain said...

Wishing I could be sipping that peppermint tea alongside you ... chatting about our baby girls and how in the world you manage two kiddos ... glad you had such a nice weekend and have so much to look forward to in the coming month :)

MommyLisa said...

cute.cute.cute. Did you find dairy and soy free tea? YEAH!

Mesina said...

I hope C gets better soon! oh its not nice when they get sick for the first time. But isn't she adorable!! oooh - I love the Santa hat!

Thanksmas sounds great, I'm up for some of that. Glad to see both kiddies doing well, hope Z is adjusting to big brother life. x

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!