Sunday, April 17, 2011

Yard Sale :)

For the past week and a half I have had nothing on the brain other than YARD SALE.  I worked a little bit each day, a whole lot on Wednesday and Friday and it all payed off!  Unfortunately S wasn't able to help at all due to work but I had everything priced, organized by category, (teacher stuff, books, baby stuff, housewares etc.) and signs made to make set up as easy as possible on Saturday morning.

The baby alarm (Lil' C) went off at 5:40 and I woke up and started the coffee.  I DRAGGED S out of bed at 6:10 and had him down a cup of coffee ;)  S went out into the yard and began setting up the tent and tables while I paced madly from inside.  Z was at my mom's (the boy would have cried if he saw all the toys I sold) and Lil' C was attached to my side, there was nothing I could do to help.  When Scott had the tables set, I parked Lil' C in front of Curious George (thank goodness Screen Free week Starts today....BTW it is 5AM and the kids are still asleep, unaware that I am using a screen) and RAN around to set stuff up.  Our yard sale began at 8AM but the babysitter wasn't coming until 9am and my sister who was selling her stuff too didn't arrive until after that.  This meant that we had no childcare for the busiest part of our sale (6-9am).  This was very challenging with a 17 month old.  At one point I had to leave her in the house to help S and she SCREAMED at the door.  Someone asked me if there was someone in there with her and I smiled and said, "NO".  Oh well!

Overall we had a very good day (we were the first yard sale of the season...sooo cold) and we made over $350 (my sister K sold $18 worth too).  More importantly we got rid of SO much CRAP!   What we didn't sell went right to Goodwill and the rest of my classroom books will be donated to our library's book sale.  I looked around after the sale and I swear I heard our house take one big sigh of relief.  After Goodwill we went out for a celebratory Mexican dinner at 4PM (talk about early birds).  We were all exhausted and fast asleep by 8PM. 

Thank you Mom and K for all of your help!  We couldn't have done it without you.

 S's coffee and the girly change purse I made him carry around ;)

 The Stuff before it was organized
The stuff when it was partway organized

I don't have any pictures of the sale :(  I was too darn busy!

3 comments:

Annie said...

SOunds like you had a great yard sale.

Connie said...

Great job!

Christa @ Little Us said...

WOW, that's a lot of money! Congrats on clearing up some clutter AND making money in the process!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!