Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Beautiful Weekend (with just a touch of crazy)

The warm sun was shining, the weather unseasonably warm (people were waterskiing and swimming in October!), the foliage got brighter every day, family and friends gathered and a beautiful life was celebrated.  It was the perfect send off....a combination of personal stories and memories, Michael Jackson, Ave Maria, a performance from my father and ended with a slide show of pictures to Stayin Alive (her request).  There were tears, laughs, trips down memory lane and just a few moments of CRAZY.  No family is perfect, mine is far from it, but we came together, put our differences aside and made the best of it.  We did it for her. 

The best part of the weekend was spending so much quality time with my great Uncle Richie and beautiful Auntie Mary.  They live in Florida now and we rarely see them.  This weekend we got to spend a lot of quality time with them, more than I have ever spent in my life.  It was wonderful to be with them and have them get to know my children and I miss them so much already!

I love you Tante, I miss you each and every day.  I hope that you were smiling down on us on Saturday and approved of the celebration of your life.  Thanks for blessing us with Florida Sunshine on a weekend that is normally frigid.  It was nice to spend three wonderful days in the weather that you most loved.  May you rest in Peace and know how much we love and miss you.

My Mom, Auntie Mary and Sister K
A Beautiful Setting for the Reception
My Cousin Pat and Uncle Richie (Tante's Brother)
Playing on the Beach
Posing with Daddy
My Beautiful Tante

3 comments:

Connie said...

What a lovely tribute!

Mom said...

Spending time with my wonderful family made all the crazies worth it.
Love you all and thank you for sharing in a wonderful tribute to our Tante! She was definitely looking down on us ~ crazies and all!

Annie said...

Lovely tribute!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!