Thursday, October 20, 2011

Costume Time

So what are Z and Lil' C dressing up as this year???  That has been all the talk around here lately :)  Z asked to be Raphael from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for Halloween.  It is his latest obsession and though I would rather he be Franklin (a much more loveable turtle), he insisted on Raphael.  After investigating my costume options, I decided on the most difficult route....make my own.  With a broken sewing machine, I was looking at making it all by hand.  I ordered green sweatpants and sweatshirt online, gathered up my collection of felt, bought some more green and went to work.  I did not have a pattern, Z and I did this as a team (did I mention S and I are going as Donatello and Michaelangelo to an adult party??  We are teaming up with another couple to go as the fiercest reptile fighting team!).

It is not perfect, please don't look closely at the stitching but he LOVES it and that is all that matters.  When he first put it on he asked me, "Mom do I really look like a turtle because I feel like one?!?!?"  That made all the effort worth it right there!  When I had him try the costume on for one last "fitting" I asked him if he was sure he didn't want to go as Franklin instead.  He laughed and said, "No mommy, Raphael is way cooler."  Oh I miss the days when Franklin was cool!!!


As for Lil' C....well she was suppose to use the bee costume that my niece used two years ago.  Unfortunately she screams whenever we put her into it.  Following her lead, I took out our dress up buckets and let her pick her own costume.  What is she going as???  Bob the Builder!  (Okay, maybe Wendy).  Z was Bob when he was Two and so it is only appropriate that she follow in her big brother's footsteps.  I don't have any pictures of her yet (only naked pictures with her in a hard hat) but I will post them when I get some good ones :)  Here is Z when he was two.


1 comments:

Annie said...

Cute!!!! They are going to enjoy Halloween together.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!