Okay so now that I have reflected...it is time to think ahead to 2012. I am always pretty ambitious when it comes to goal setting and resolutions and then beat myself up hard when I don't accomplish them all. So I plan to keep it simple and a bit general.
I am happy to say that after a year my family notebook is still going strong (modified for my life) and I have made two additions to my weekly to do list starting this week. The first is the addition of a weekly project following Tsh's book, One Bite at A Time, which I bought at the end of December. The book cost $5 for my kindle and I plan to tackle one project a week. The second addition was a new goal setting section to my weekly to do list and I like to call it "CHEWS". C stands for Children, H stands for Home, E stands for Eat, W stands for Workout and S stands for self. The plan is to set a goal each week in each of these categories...some goals will over lap and others will take weeks to accomplish but I thought it would be a nice way to keep my self on track with my goals for the year.
These 10 overarching goals for the year all center around health. I want to be healthy emotionally, physically, financially and spiritually. Here they are:
1. I will work hard to curb spending, stay on budget and build back up our nest egg
2. I will work to have more patience with everyone in my life and finally finish reading 123 Magic and implement it
3. I will not buy another book for at least 6 months....I will use the library, kindle prime library and work to read the dozens of kindle and hard copy books I own that I have not yet read.
4. I will do my PT exercises regularly and work in more regular yoga/cardio
5. I will tackle the basement (the last area of the house to be decluttered) and work to keep the rest of the house in order
6. I will make sure that the people in my life know how much they mean to me and tell them I love them as much as I can
7. I will try to take the kids on at least 1 adventure a month and I will try to go on at least one date night per month
8. I will start my plan for the school I hope to open some day
9. I will return to our whole foods eating regime and try a sugar detox
10. I will try to be content and happy with what I have, love myself, look for the good in things, not beat myself up and work on making sure that I spend time on my own happiness. Because as they say....if Mama ain't happy...nobody is!
Happy New Year!