Thursday, January 24, 2008

I've Been Tagged....

So the other day one of my friends Helena tagged me. I am new to blogging and she is one of the only people who knows about my blog (most other people stumble upon it by mistake as they search for other things ;)). I was honored to be tagged because I now feel a part of the blogging culture ;) When I mentioned being tagged to a few of my friends, they looked at me with blank stares and said "blog???" So I sent them my link and Helena's and hopefully they will quickly learn about the world of blogging.

Here are the rules as I understand them:

1. link to who tagged you

2. put the rules on your blog

3. post six stupid and non relevant things about yourself

4. tag six peeps at random

5. let them know by leaving a comment


Here goes nothing.....

1. I am obsessed with the Brady Bunch. I know there must be a lot of people who are obsessed but here is where I might go over the line.....in middle school I built the entire Brady house out of Legos, my friend and I had a memorial service for Robert Reed (Mr. Brady) when he died, I have seen Greg Brady (Barry Williams) in his underware, I only keep my VCR so that I can watch A Very Brady Christmas at least 20 times a year (not just at Christmas) and there are many other examples but I am still on number one and have already taken up so much space :)

2. I love to read children's books. I know that this is not too weird for a teacher but I prefer to read them over adult books. I love the Peter and the Starcatchers, Harry Potter and The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe series most of all. I get more excited about the children's section of the library and bookstore than the adults. The only reason I read adult books is so I can stay in my Book Club! Kidding (sort of).

3. One of my favorite activities to do in the fall is chase and catch leaves. It may sound crazy but if you were to drive down my street in the fall, you may see me running around my yard trying to catch the falling leaves. It is so much fun and allows me to feel like such a kid! I love everything about the fall and this is one of my favorite things to do.

4. I hate to dance!!!!! I hate it! I am not good at it and I always start to sweat when dragged to a place where dancing is expected. The only way to get me on the dance floor is to get me really drunk and even then I don't like it. I wish I did because my best friend is a really good dancer and I would love to be able to go out with her and dance!

5. I wish I could wear flip flops all year round. I try every year and by the end of October my toes start to freeze. I always cry as I put my flops away and take out my clogs!

6. I use to play the tuba. Yup...I played the flute from 5th-10th grade and then in 11th grade I switched to Tuba and even played for a year in college (concert band only). When I first told my parents that I was going to switch to tuba my dad told me that "only tubby kids play tuba". Well I am not tubby (I mean I do have that extra 10lbs on me now but I am not tubby). I started playing it anyway. When I decided to play in college, my dad told me that I should wait to tell my new friends that I played the tuba :) He told me to run around the dorm a few times after practice and tell everyone I had been at the gym! He is a funny guy (he really is the best dad ever, even if he gives out strange advice :)).


Well as I said I am new to the blogging world and so I do not have many female friends who blog. I do have Laura and Christina who have been blogging forever.....so they are who I choose to tag. Sorry I am so pathetic and can't come up with four more people! I will work on it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!