Monday, January 14, 2008

Snowy Monday


Well we are all cozy inside on this very snowy day. S decided to work from home and is busy at work upstairs. It is so nice to have him around but a new challenge has been added to our day...how to keep Z distracted so that he does not go and bother daddy :)

So what does one do on a snowy day when it's too cold to go out and play? Bring the snow indoors!!! I went out on our deck, got a container full of snow and brought it inside. I put his mittens on him and we built snowman and dug in the snow with one of his spoons. I had a ball...Z wasn't sure what to make of it but he did like the snowmen we made. It was nice to "play" in the snow without getting cold and wet :)

We also built an obstacle course to pass the time (note to self.....15 month olds do not really know what to do with an obstacle course, they get caught up on one thing and don't want to move onto the next :)). Once again, I had a ball!!! I set up his ball pit, tunnel, my step from step-aerobics and a bunch of other fun things (toy drum, stacking cups, balls etc.). I set up the course to do a loop around the playroom. It was a lot of fun and Z did enjoy climbing on and playing with each piece of the course....he is just too young to understand that you are suppose to do it all in order. Who really cares, we had a lot of fun setting it up and playing with it anyway!

Well Z is asleep so I am off to do my FIRM workout of the day. I love these workouts...they are time efficient, work you really hard and are perfect for when you can't run outside :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!