Saturday, January 26, 2008

Weekends


Every week, like most people, I look forward to Friday! Thursday's are my favorite day of the week because the weekend is almost here :) I have been like this since I was a small child in school and it continued into my adult life. I guess being a teacher helped this to continue :)

Lately I find myself stressed out when the weekends actually come. I love having S home so much but I think I put way too much pressure on him to entertain us or for him to give me a much needed break from the week. S works for a small company and works a lot (at work and at home). I am so proud of him and all that he has accomplished so far and I am so grateful for all that he does so Z and I are able to stay home together.

Because S works so much, it is usually just Z and I during the week. S does come home one or two nights a week so that he can put Z to bed and goes in a little later some days so he can play with him. I am very fortunate that S is so involved in Z's life and loves to do things with him. Many of my friends husbands are not nearly as involved in their kids lives. We are so lucky!!!!

So why is it when the weekends come I get so stressed? I think it is because I struggle with fitting in all that I want to do! I want to spend time as a family, have some me time, give S some downtime from his busy work week, provide S with the time he needs to do his job (yes he works on weekends too) and get projects done around the house (our master bath has been out of order for over a year!). So how do you fit all those things in and also visit family, go to church (well S goes) and whatever else might be on the agenda for the weekend? It is so hard and usually leaves me feeling stressed out and sad.

So what do we do???? I guess I need to stop putting so much pressure on the weekends and stop expecting so much from two days at home as a family. I need to live more in the present and enjoy our time together. I also need to be okay with the fact that we won't get everything done that we need to get done and that is okay as long as Z is smiling. I will try that this weekend and let you know how it goes :) I love you S, Thanks for all that you do!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!