Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"Momma Had a Baby and....."

So I know it is rare for me to post two times in one day but I had to share this. Let me preface this by saying that we "try" to be an all natural family and don't believe in using pesticides or harsh fertilizers on our lawn. This being said, it does not look like something you would find on Wisteria lane but rather on Old MacDonald's farm. We are fine with this look and as long as it is mowed, nobody can complain (right?).

So Z and I were outside after lunch playing in the grass. He noticed the dandelions and so I explained to him that they were flowers. At that moment a wave of childhood memories came over me and I picked the dandelion and chanted "Momma had a baby and the head popped off" and then I flicked the head of the flower off the dandelion. It went sailing through the air and this threw Z into a fit of laughter. He signed and said "more" and so giggling along with him, we went from flower to flower chanting the very inappropriate rhyme.

Now in Elementary school we were banned from this innocent child's game because it was mean to say that a baby's head popped off. I know it is not the nicest of rhymes to teach my 19 month old but I find it to be fun and innocent. When we ran out of dandelion heads, Z took one of the heads and chanted "momma" "baby" and threw the flower around the yard. It was too cute! What a great afternoon!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!