Monday, May 19, 2008

Rain Out, 5 K, Yardwork and Home Improvement....


That was our weekend :) It started off with the Sox game that got rained out. We never actually went to the stadium but got four prime seats at a bar nearby. We ate dinner and got ready for the Celtics game (another bummer). Even though I didn't get to go to the game it was still nice to be out in Boston, hanging out with S, my dad and my brother in-law. S went to the make-up with his dad on Saturday, I decided it was best for Z if I stayed home with him.

On Saturday I did my first race of the season. It was just a 5 K but I had my second best time ever! I did it in 25 minutes and 40 seconds, not too bad for training on my own (I use to run with a running club). S also ran the race but did it with no training! I was so proud of how well he did. After our race we BBQ'd on the grill and then did some yard work.

Sunday was all about home improvement. We put up a new chandelier in our dining room (which I LOVE), replaced some hardware in our kitchen and continued our remodel work in our upstairs bathroom. We have so much to do around the house and finding time is our biggest challenge. It felt good to get done all that we did this weekend. In two weeks we hope to start painting the kitchen or the dining room :) It is so hard to decide which to do first....we shall see!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!