Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 16--Z's Teacher Gifts


If you would like to learn more about my personal project called "Advent Letters", please click here :)

Day 16

Today's letters went out to my 6 favorite blog friends :)  I started blogging almost 3 years ago.  S encouraged me to do it as part of my New Years Resolution to keep record of my daily life with Z.  It started off as a way to journal, reflect and vent (cheap therapy).  I had no idea when I started that I would soon become part of a community of mom bloggers and "meet" some wonderful people.

Today I celebrate, Connie over at the Young and the Relentless, MamaB at the Cripe Family News, Lisa at Mommy's Nest, Dana over at MommyBrain, Annie at the Santiago Twins and BJMama over at For What It's Worth.  Over the last few years, I have really enjoyed getting to know these woman through both their blogs and their comments.  They make me laugh, smile, cry and I feel as though I shared some wonderful (and not so wonderful) moments with them.  They have been a big support to me, especially through the loss of S's sister and very loyal.  Despite my very long blog break this summer and fall, they were right there waiting for me whenever I returned (and it was sporadic).  An email letter will be going out to each of you today.  Thanks for blogging, for making me smile and for being wonderful "blog friends".  Merry Christmas.


Z's Teacher Gifts

This week we handed out Z's teacher gifts.  With four gifts to buy, I needed to be both frugal but original and thoughtful ;)  I wanted the gift to be something they would use but something that would standout from the rest.  When visiting the Re-usies (reusable snack bags) website, they had suggested wrapping teacher gifts in one of their bags.  I LOVED this idea and also the promotion that if I bought 4 bags, I got free shipping!  Inside we put a few pieces of lindt chocolate and a card explaining that their present this year was the wrapping :)  They were a big hit and cost about $7.50 a gift!

3 comments:

MommyLisa said...

I love bags like this. I found a site for ones very similar and got them for an upcoming birthday of a friends child turning five, to take to school, and will present some to Boo Boo for her first day of school (YIKES) next fall. ;) I want the envirosax version for myself - but then I love envirosax.

Connie said...

What a cool idea for a teacher gift. Will file that in my idea bank for next year.

Thank you so much for the letter. You are one of my favorite people and I'm so glad that we found each other!

Annie said...

Thanks again for the letter. It means a lot to me. I'm a lucky girl because I have a wonderful, amazing and sweet friend. You know that I'm going to be here always. Big hug for you.

I like the idea of the gifts but my girls have their party on Monday so, no time for it. Can you please send me some ideas of gifts for their teachers.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!