Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day 9--An Amazing Day


If you would like to learn more about my personal project called "Advent Letters", please click here :)

Day 9

Today's letter has been sent to my baby sister, the middle of our family, LB.  LB and I are two years apart and were polar opposites growing up!  They say that the middle child either does everything that the first does or does everything differently....that is what LB did ;)  I played soccer, she played field hockey.  I focused on music, she danced.  I loved to read, she did NOT.  I remember each September I would ask her, "Did my old teachers ask about me?"  She did not like living in my shadow and I now understand how annoying it must have been.

As I said to my sister in her letter, if I was to go back in time and tell my 15 year old self that I would one day be best friends with my sister LB, I would have laughed in disbelief.  We were so different that I would have dreamed that to be impossible.  Luckily as we grew, we realized how much we do have in common and have grown very close over the years.  We now call each other every day (sometimes 10 times a day), our children love to play together and we love to be together.  I am so fortunate to have LB in my life and want to thank her for everything she does for me.  Merry Christmas LB :)

Holiday Memories

Day 8 turned out to be one very special day for our family!  Because of the stomach bug, we never got to go to see the Curious George Movie last Friday.  When Lil' C took an early nap, I knew that today was the day to make that adventure happen.  Z had no idea what we were doing until we were standing at the concession stand.  When he heard me say, "Z pick out any candy you want" he about died and went to heaven (usually we sneak in snacks or stop on the way but I had no time).  We snuggled into our seats (5 minutes late) but they didn't start the show until we got settled because we were the only family in the theater!  A private showing of A Monkey Christmas just for us :) 

They both loved the movie (Z had seen it last year on PBS)!  Lil C could not take her eyes off the big screen and sat still for the entire 60 minutes!  They were both perfect angels and the movie had us all singing and laughing.  I didn't think it was possible but following the movie, Z had even more Christmas Cheer ;)  He was beaming and singing as we walked to the car.

To top the day off, S came home early and after dinner we got the kids in their Christmas jammies and drove around looking for the craziest Christmas lights.  We licked candy canes, sang Christmas Carols and drove to a house I had heard of...it was AWESOME and Z was jumping up and down with excitement.  No house was impressive after our destination house but it was still fun looking at the lights.  What a wonderful night and great memories made for all :)

Special Christmas Fundraising Project


Click here to learn more about my husband's special fundraising effort to raise money for Make A Wish.

2 comments:

Shane D. said...

Between the letter and the movie, this was a great double feature! We are fellow snack-sneakers (we've actually brought footlong Subway sandwiches to the movies more than once, shhh), but the thrill of getting to pick something out every now and then is something that Z will long appreciate. Thanks for the energy boost this morning.

Mom said...

I am so happy that you and your sisters have become friends. I had my doubts, as you were all growing up, but it was my "mother's wish". It is wonderful to watch the three of you and your families be together. G calls her cousin Z her best friend. Lil' C is still a baby in her mind.

I want to thank you all for being the wonderful sisters you are. "Mother's Wish" has come true!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!