Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 6--Books of Advent


If you would like to learn more about my personal project called "Advent Letters", please click here :)

Day 6

Today is my sister in-law A and brother in-law A's anniversary!  Two years ago today they tied the knot in the most beautiful winter wedding.  I thought it was only fitting that they receive today's letter (enclosed in the lightning mcqueen card that Z picked out).  A and A are so much more than in-laws....they are my brother and sister.  I love them very much and wish that we lived closer so that we could see more of each other.  They are both golf professionals and so they have CRAZY schedules.  I am looking forward to some downtime with them over the holidays and I know Z and C are going to love spending time with their auntie and uncle.  Happy Anniversary guys!

Z and Lil C's Advent Calendar of Experiences

Today's box included a note that told Z that tonight at dinner we would be eating dessert first!!  This was so exciting to him (it is the little things), he LOVES dessert :)  He immediately started planning what his dessert would be.  He is thinking that a candy can would be a very special treat for a very special night, I think he is right.

Because Z is just like me and loves the holidays, I also scooped up this idea from BJ Mama to help countdown to Christmas at bedtime too :)  Every night we go to the book basket where all of our wrapped books sit.  I have them numbered and strategically ordered so that certain books pop up at just the right time.  Z has been loving this!!!  It does not matter that the books are not new and that he has read a few of them a dozen or more times....it is so exciting and special to unwrap each and every one.  Then we curl up on the couch, next to the tree, and read that nights story.  I plan to do this every year until they are too old to care, it is a very special way to count down the days. 

Special Christmas Fundraising Project


Click here to learn more about my husband's special fundraising effort to raise money for Make A Wish. 

1 comments:

MommyLisa said...

I need to pull up the Christmas books I bought for Boo Boo on Target clearance last year the day after Christmas.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!