Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 4 of Advent-Hanukkah pictures and the Dentist :(


If you would like to learn more about my personal project called "Advent Letters", please click here :)

Day 4

Today's letter was sent to my wonderful mother :) She is one of my heroes in life and not only a wonderful mother but also a wonderful friend.  I am so fortunate to have her in my life and appreciate she always puts her family first.  She loves us with her heart and soul and I hope she realizes how much we all love her.  Merry Christmas mom, thanks for being you!

Z and Lil C's Advent Calendar of Experiences

Today Z has to go to the dentist (not his favorite activity after having his tooth removed) and so to sweeten the deal his special experience for today is to go out to breakfast with S :)

Here are some pictures from our Hanukkah party the other night. He wouldn't try the latkes but he did enjoy making them and he was super smart and quit dreidel while he was ahead :)   It was a wonderful experience and Z learned so much from it.

BTW...Our candles are crooked because they melted in the attic over the summer.  I have been trying to locate new candles but after 5 stores I am still unable to locate candles!  Wal-mart claimed to have them but 2 assistant store managers and 5 associates could not locate them (even though they had searched for them the day before and found them).  The two grocery store managers I spoke to were embarrassed by the fact that they did not carry them.  If I were Jewish, I would be really disappointed in this community. I hear Target has them so we will try tomorrow.

 mmmmmm, my first attempt was pretty good
 stand back z, oil splatters!
 dreidel, dreidel, dreidel....
 our melted candles
 the menorah, a gift from one of my former students :)



Special Christmas Fundraising Project


Click here to learn more about my husband's special fundraising effort to raise money for Make A Wish. 

2 comments:

Mom said...

I am so honored to be one of your Advent letters. I just read it, and of course I cried. Being a mom is never easy, but when you have three beautiful daughters and a wonderful and supportive husband, it makes it much easier. Then add in three great "sons" and four (at the moment) little miracles (Z, G, Lil C, and Baby J) how can I go wrong.
Life is precious and mine is made more so by all of you.
Merry Christmas to my "sweet baby"!
Love, Mom

Connie said...

I may have told you this already but I want to celebrate Hanukkah sometime when the kids are older because Keith's family used to be Jewish.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!