Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Advent Letter Project Reflection


What an amazing month December turned out to be.  I had been dreading it for so many reasons but my children's love and enthusiasm for the holiday season and my Advent Letter Project helped to make the month very special.  I received many thoughtful and nice gifts for Christmas but the best presents I recieved were the notes, calls and comments about the 24 (actually it turned out to be closer to 45) Advent Letters that I wrote.  Each one was a gift to write and the reaction from them was so touching.  It made all of the time and effort that I put into the project worth it.

December was a trip down memory lane for me.  I allowed myself time to recognize those important people in my life, remember all of our good times together and reflect upon why they are so special to me.  Most of the letters brought me to tears as I wrote them, many led me to chuckle but each and every one was written from the heart and I know that the recipients were deeply touched.  I am not yet done with the project, I have a few more letters to write and plan to do one a month throughout 2011 :)

I want to once again thank Jabari for his beautiful book which inspired me to create this project.  I want to also thank my husband S for all his patience and support throughout my letter writing and most of all I want to thank all of the recipients for the thoughtful and loving responses and for helping to make me the person that I am today.  I love you all!


If you would like to learn more about my personal project called "Advent Letters", please click here :)

3 comments:

MommyLisa said...

I really enjoyed the Advent Letters - and the song and the posts all season. :)

Mom said...

Thanks again for the treasured gift you gave me with my Advent letter.

I knew from the day you were born that you would be a very special person. I am so smart :)

Love you!

Connie said...

I loved your project! It was the perfect thing for December!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!