Thursday, January 6, 2011

Focus on the Family is Back!


Last year, Connie from The Young and the Relentless started a "Focus on the Family" feature.  Once a month she posted her family goals and encouraged others to do the same.  I LOVED this exercise but unfortunately due to all of the events that happened last spring, did not get to finish off the year.  I have decided that I want to give it a go again and hope to publish a new set of goals each month.  Here is what I have for January :)

Family Time
*Plan a family fun day
*2 visits down to S's family for much needed Mimi and Grandpa J time
*Create a Night Tree for our backyard animal friends to enjoy
*limit our TV time (we went from 0 minutes to a lot :()

Z and C Time
*create a daily schedule for us
*get outside with Z at least once a week
*Take them on at least one adventure
*plan some fun winter "lessons" for Z
*limit my computer time throughout the day so that I can focus on them

Momma Time
*Mom's night out at my friend M's house
*Start my workout plan as soon as C is sleeping better
*Sit down with my best friend La and plan some nights out and play dates
*Finish another one of my many self-help books :)
*Work on Lil' C and Z's baby books!
*Continue my Advent Letter project and random acts of kindness

Momma and Papa Time
*Start a evening Pilates routine 2-3 times a week
*Go on the date night that S planned for us as my Christmas present :)
*have our weekly budget meetings with a glass of wine

Home Time
*Continue my work towards becoming a "Rational Minimalist".
*Take down all of the Holiday Decorations
*Work on and stick to the grocery budget
*Continue to sell/donate all of our unneeded belongings
*get my sour dough bread starter going :)

Counting My Blessings
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and two wonderful children.  As we head into this new year I look forward to some quality time playing, laughing and enjoying each others company.  We have a busy and crazy year ahead with S's new company trying to get off the ground but I know that the four of us can pull together and get through it.  I love you guys!

5 comments:

Connie said...

I love that you're going to do this....I need to do it again too!

MommyLisa said...

Oy. Boo Boo's baby book. Not good.

Mom said...

I know you will make some Neene and ChiChi time, too. We need to schedule a sleepover, for at least Z and maybe Cousin G. Will be fun!

Annie said...

I like this. You are going to make it, don't worry. BTW, you make a great list.

Connie said...

Great job!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!