Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Wonderful Fall Day


I have said it before and I will say it again....fall is my favorite season (well at least right now it is :)). I love the food, the Oktoberfest beers, apple picking, falling leaves and that fresh crisp air :) I love taking out my sweaters for the first time and curling up with a good book and a nice cup of hot cider :) I LOVE fall :)

Today was the perfect fall day. S had a very busy week (traveled much of it) and had plans to play golf this afternoon with my dad and brother in-law. We knew that our time with him was limited and so we tried to make the most out of our beautiful fall morning. We got up at 8am, dressed in our running garb and went for a beautiful run along our local trail. I love to run in the fall because of the cool air and the scenery today was just breathtaking. After our run, we hit one of the local restaurants for breakfast. It is the cutest little place and we all had a very delicious, laid back meal. It was so nice to spend some quality time...just the 3 of us!

When S went off to play golf, Z and I went to the local fire department Open House :) This was so much fun and I am so sorry S had to miss it (I think he was sorry too). I don't think climbing in fire trucks will ever get old for Z :) He had a blast!!! He got to sit in every fire truck that our town owns and the ambulances too :) They had mini firefighter gear for the kids to try on and Z felt so super special (and was so cute) wearing it. There were balloons, free food, free activity books and tours of the firehouse. Z spent a long time with one firefighter getting a personal tour of the truck. It was so well done and Z was in heaven :)

After the firehouse we went to TRU to return a birthday gift. Z was in heaven once again as he got his Jeffrey's birthday club balloon and crown :) He then got to pick out a new train (he picked Toby) and play with the train table. After about an hour at the store, it was time to go home for lunch and nap. He just finally drifted off to sleep...he spent about 20 minutes talking to his "friends" in his crib about the firetrucks and firefighters he saw :) What a special day!

Later, we hope to head to the park for some afternoon fun on the slides and then S will be home for dinner. It was the perfect day for a little boy, his mom and dad too (I mean I am sure S misses us but he got to play 18 holes of golf on a very private course...what more could a guy ask for??? :)).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!